Ahead of the Haryana polls, Congress party rolled out its manifesto in Chandigarh today. The party released the manifesto at the Haryana Pradesh Congress Committee headquarters.
The Congress manifesto was released by prominent faces of the party that includes former chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, state in-charge Ghulam Nabi Azad, and state unit’s president Kumari Selja. The party has described it as ‘Sankalp Patra‘. Chairperson of the manifesto committee, Kiran Choudhary and former Railway minister Pawan Kumar Bansal were also present on the occasion.
— ANI (@ANI) October 11, 2019
Key Take-aways from the Congress Manifesto
- Financial aid to women, unemployed youth and socially backward communities.
- Waiving off farmer’s loans within 24 hours of the first ‘kalam’. The benefits of the waiver will also be provided to the landless farmers.
- Free transport for females in Haryana Roadways transport.
- 33% reservation for women in all the governmental jobs of the state administration.
- 50 percent reservation for women in local self-government institutions such as Panchayat, municipality corporations, and city councils.
- The aid of Rs. 3500 per month will be offered to the pregnant women till the birth of the child. After that, Rs. 5000 per month will be provided until the child turns 5.
- For removing the evil of unemployment, Graduates will be given Rs. 7000 per month till the time they are employed. Similarly for the Post-graduates, the allowance will be Rs. 1000 monthly.
- Setting up a scheduled caste commission for looking into the matters related to this section.
- A special task force for combating the drug menace will be formed in the state.
- An annual scholarship of Rs.12,000 will be offered to the students belonging to Scheduled Castes and extremely backward classes.
The party also posted a video for the upcoming polls with the #IbbkeCongress.
साकार करेंगे हर सपना,
अब सबका होगा विकास।
हरियाणा में कांग्रेस पर,
किया है सबने विश्वास।।
संकल्प नया हम लाए हैं,
अब उन्नत हो हरियाणा।
सब वर्गों का रखे ख्याल,
अब कांग्रेस को जिताना।।#IbbkeCongress pic.twitter.com/X4qUnuruNc
— Congress (@INCIndia) October 11, 2019
Important Dates for Haryana Polls-
- The detailed notification will be issued on September 27.
- The filing of nominations will begin from September 27 to October 4.
- Scrutiny of applications will be done on October 5.
- Nominations withdrawal can be done till October 7.
- Haryana Polls will take place on October 21.
- Counting of votes will be done on October 24.
To access the Congress list, click here.
Everything You Need To Know About: Haryana Assembly Polls 2019