Gearing up to unseat Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik, Indian National Congress on Monday released the third list of 4 candidates for the state polls of Odisha that slated to clubbed with General Elections. Earlier the party in its initial two lists announced candidates on 90 Assembly seats, with 36 on first and 54 on the second list.
Congress in its third list of Candidates replaced Muktikant Biswas with Biren Senapati from Rourkela Assembly Seats. Other names are:
- Biren Senapati (In place of Muktikant Biswas) from Rourkela
- Ramesh Purohit from Patnagarh
- Shyamghan Prasad from G Udaygiri ST
- Shambhunath Panigrahi (In place of Ram Krishna Panda) from Hijili
Congress party releases list of 4 candidates for the elections to the Legislative Assembly of Odisha. pic.twitter.com/5AfJEmOlg6
— ANI (@ANI) March 25, 2019
Both BJP and BJD have also started rolling out lists of Candidates for the state Polls.
The Odisha State Polls will be clubbed with the General Elections 2019. The State will Poll on the four rounds of Polling starting from April 11. The State has a total of 147 State Assembly while having 21 Lok Sabha Seats. Currently, BJD has 117 lawmakers in the state assembly.
The Counting of votes for the mega battle of ballots and the State Polls will take place on May 23, four days after last round of polling.
In 2014 General Elections, BJD totally swept the state by bagging 20 seats out of 21 seats while banking on ‘Modi Wave’ the saffron party could only manage to get 1 Lok Sabha Seat in the state.
- Lok Sabha Elections 2019: BJP announces 4 more Candidates; 2 from Karnataka, 1 from UP
- BJP releases names of 100 Candidates for Odisha State Polls
- BJD announces Candidates on 9 Lok Sabha, 54 Assembly Seat in Odisha; CM Naveen Patnaik to contest on two seats