The Union Cabinet that met on Thursday that met on the Chairmanship of Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday gives a green signal to the Delhi Metro Phase IV projects that include 3 Corridors. The total length of these 3 corridors is estimated to be 61.679 km. The 3 corridors consist of both underground (22.359 km) and elevated (39.320 km) sections.
Union Cabinet today approved Delhi Metro's Phase -4 project that include Aerocity to Tughlakbad, Janakpuri West to RK Ashram and Mukundpur-Maujpur corridors.
— ANI (@ANI) March 7, 2019
Delhi Metro Phase IV has a total of 6 Corridors: Rithala-Bawana-Narela, Janakpuri West-RKAshram, Mukundpur-Maujpur, Inderlok-Indraprastha, Aero City-Tughlakabad, and Lajpat Nagar-Saket G Block. However, The projects chosen under the fourth phase include the Aero City-Tughlakabad, Janakpuri West-RK Ashram, Mukundpur-Maujpur sections.
— K.S. Dhatwalia (@DG_PIB) March 7, 2019
The total completion cost of three metro corridors will be Rs.24,948.65 crore. The project will be implemented by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC), with the existing 50:50 contribution from Central Government and Delhi Government said government release.
Corridors with Stations
- Aerocity to Tughlakabad Corridor will have a total of 15 Stations: Starting from Aerocity, Mahipalpur, Vasantkunj Sector-D, Masoodpur, Kishangarh, Mehrauli, Lado Sarai, Saket, Saket G Block, Ambedkar Nagar, Khanpur, Tigri, Anandmayee Marg Junction, Tughlakabad Railway Colony, Tughlakabad.
- R. K Ashram to Janakpuri West Corridor will have 25 Stations: Starting from R.K. Ashram, Motiakhan, Sadar Bazar, Pulbangash, GhantaGhar/SabziMandi, Rajpura, Derawal Nagar, Ashok Vihar, Azadpur, Mukundpur, Bhalaswa, MukarbaChowk, BadliMor, North Pitampura, Prashant Vihar, Madhuban Chowk, Deepali Chowk, Pushpanjali Enclave, West Enclave, Mangolpuri, Peeragarhi Chowk, Paschim Vihar, Meerabagh, Keshopur, Krishan Park Ext., Janakpuri West
- Maujpur – Mukundpur will have just 6 Stations: Starting from Yamuna Vihar, Bhajanpura, KhajuriKhas, Soorghat, Jagatpur Village, Burari)
These Corridors will expand the Delhi Metro connectivity and will reach to more areas of the national capital. The total network length of the Delhi Metro will cross the 400-kilometre mark after the completion of these corridors.
Earlier Delhi Government in its Budget Proposed ₹500 Crore for Stalled Metro Phase IV Project. Delhi Metro Phase IV has become a bone of contention for Aam Aadmi Party -led Delhi Government and BJP led Central Government, was allocated ₹500 crore in the budget presented by Manish Sisodia.
- Delhi Budget 2019-20: Delhi Government Proposes ₹500 Crore for Stalled Metro Phase IV Project
- After Ending Alliance Talks; Congress Claims ‘Stampede’ Within AAP, Says 9 AAP MLAs Want to Turn Coat
- Robert Vadra Says ‘No to Politics’ till he Gets Clean Chit in Money laundering Case