Ever since its launch on October 1, Call of Duty: Mobile has taken the mobile gaming world by storm. It only took the title just 3 days to hit 20 million downloads. Just hours before its launch, it was confirmed that Call of Duty Mobile will controller support for iOS and Android. However, just after the launch, publisher Activision and developer Tencent Games removed support for controllers, thereby causing outrage among gamers. But now as Call of Duty Season 2 began yesterday, Activision has finally re-introduced Call of Duty Mobile support for Xbox, PS4 controllers on Android, iOS. Here’s how the controller support works and how you can connect the controller with COD Mobile:
How to connect a controller in Call of Duty Mobile:
- Enable Bluetooth pairing on your controller. This is done by holding the Share and PS button at the same time on a PS4 controller, or the Xbox and sync button on an Xbox One controller.
- Enable Bluetooth on your mobile device (usually done through settings).
- Within Bluetooth settings, locate “wireless controller” and connect to that device.
- Open Call of Duty: Mobile and enable “Allow to use controller” in the Controller settings menu. (Note: You may see the above screenshot while your controller is connecting, or if your controller isn’t paired yet.)
- Set and modify your controls for each game type.
Playing using a controller will make it much easier to play with custom configurations around than on-screen controls. It will be really interesting to see how matchmaking works with the addition of controller support for COD Mobile.