France is all set to move a proposal at the United Nations in a “couple of days” to ban UN-proscribed Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorist organization chief Masood Azhar, in a significant development, which has claimed the responsibilities of two suicide bombing attack on India and Iran, French sources confirmed on Tuesday.
This development will be considered as the second time when France will party to such a proposal at the UN. The United States, supported by France and the United Kingdom, in 2017, had moved a proposal at the UN sanction committee 1267 in order to ban the chief of Pakistan based and backed JeM terrorist organization.
However, the proposal had been blocked by China.
According to TOI news reports, a senior French source has told PTI: “At the UN, France will lead a proposal to put Masood Azhar on the terrorist list… It will happen in a couple of days.”
This development by France has been discussed between diplomatic advisor to the French President Emmanuel Macron, Indian national security advisor Ajit Doval and Philippe Etienne today’s morning, the French sources have told PTI.
While expressing his condolences, the French leader who has called Doval, also emphasized that the two countries – India and Pakistan – should try to coordinate their diplomatic efforts.